ARPG Augmented Role Playing Game
A fun and fast paced Two Player Card Game with an Augmented Reality twist. Based on popular Role Playing Games, ARPG uses a normal deck of 52 cards and can be played offline with a pencil and paper. When linked to our online app, scores are displayed and interactive animated characters appear hovering above the cards.
Load the Player Names into the App and point your Viewer at the Play Area to Track the Game. The App will keep track of Hero Cards, Attacks, Defenses and Hit Points. As well as fun Interactive Animations with Magical Effects.
Or go Old School and using a medium sized piece of paper, draw a line down the middle and put the Player Names above each half. Below each Players Name, Make three sections, one for each Players Hero Cards and label them them: King, Queen & Jack. Leave lots of room to Track the Hero’s Health Points.
- Players must decide who will play the Light and who will play the Dark cards.
- Each player picks a card. The highest card chooses. In case of a draw, pick again.
- Split the deck in half separating the Light and Dark cards.
- The Players each separate their 6 Player Cards (Face Cards: Jack, Queen, King) from their 20 Action Cards (Number Cards: including the Aces and Joker)
- Action Cards (Number Cards) are shuffled thoroughly, allowing the other player to Cut their deck. The Action Cards are placed face down in a Stack in front of the Player and kept hidden until picked up.
- Player Cards (Face Cards) are kept together in a separate Stack in front of the Player, and can be looked at during the game.
- The Action Cards are separated into two categories but kept together. They are Attack Cards and Defense Cards.
- In the Light Action Deck: the Hearts are the Health Cards and the Diamonds are the Attack Cards.
- In the Dark Action Deck: the Clubs are the Health Cards and the Spades are the Attack Cards.
- All Numbered cards (2-10) have the Value Displayed, the Ace is 11 or 1 (like Blackjack), and the Joker is 23 (Damage Only)
- Attack Cards (Diamonds/Spades) are Placed below their opponents Hero Card. The value of that card is then deducted from that Hero Cards current Health Points.
- Defense Cards (Hearts/Clubs) are Placed below the Players Hero Card. The value of that card is then added to that Hero Cards current Heath Points.
- Hero Cards can not accumulate more than 21 additional Defense in Play at any time.
- The exception is the Ace that can be changed from 11 to 1, allowing additional accumulated Defense for the Hero Card but current Health Points can never exceed 21.
- There will come a point during Play, when none of the Players Hero Cards can accumulate any more Defense points. In this event, a Player may place up to 3 inapplicable Defense Cards cards from their Hand into the Discard Pile and pick up 3 new cards from the Action Deck.
- The Player Cards are separated into two categories but kept together. They are Hero Cards and Environment Cards.
- In the Light Player Deck: the Hearts are the Hero Cards and the Diamonds are the Environment Cards.
- In the Dark Player Deck: the Clubs are the Hero Cards and the Spades are the Environment Cards.
- The King Hero Card begins game with 13 Heath Points, the Queen Hero Card with 12 Heath Points, and the Jack Hero Card with 11 Heath Points.
- When the Matching Environment Card is In Play; the King receives a +3 to Attack and +3 on Defense, the Queen receives a +2 to Attack and +2 on Defense, and the Jack receives +1 to Attack and +1 on Defense.
- When A Players Hero Card with a Matching the Environment Card is Defeated, that Environment Card is removed and replaced with an Environment Card from winning Players Stack.
- Both Players pick up 5 cards and should have 5 cards In Hand at all times. These cards are a combination of Chosen Hero Cards and random Action Cards.
- If you do not have a Hero in your Hand you Lose the Game automatically. If your hero is Defeated, the Hero Card from your Hand is put In Play without losing your Turn.
- Each player picks 1 card from the top of their Action Deck. The highest card goes first. In case of a draw, pick again. Each card is then placed face down on the Bottom of their Deck.
- The winner of the draw (Player One) chooses an Environment Card that is placed in the center of the play area.
- Player One chooses a Hero Card from their Hand and places it on the Play Area in front of them.
- Player One Picks Up 1 Card from the Action Deck or Hero Cards to have 5 cards in Hand at all times.
- The Loser of the draw (Player Two) chooses a Hero Card from their Hand and places it on the Play Area in front of them.
- Player Two Picks Up 1 Card from the Action Deck or Hero Cards to have 5 cards in Hand at all times.
- There are 3 cards in play. Player One has placed the King of Diamonds as the current Environment Card and also the Jack of Hearts as their first Hero Card. Player Two has placed the Queen of Clubs as their first Hero Card. It would then be Player Ones turn.
- Player One Attacks the Queen of Clubs with a Eight of Diamonds by placing the Card just below the Queen of Clubs. The Queen of Clubs now has (12-8=4) 4 Health Points.
- Player Two Defends the Queen of Clubs with a Nine of Clubs by placing the Nine of Clubs below the Queen of Clubs. Specifically overlapping the Eight of Diamonds but with the number and suite clearly visible. The Queen of Clubs now has (4+9=13) 13 Health Points.
- Player One Attacks The Queen of Clubs with an Ace of Diamonds for 11 Damage by placing the Ace of Diamonds under the Queen of Clubs and overlapping the Nine of Clubs but with the number and suite clearly visible. The Queen of Clubs now has (13-11=2) 2 Health Points.